Fortunately, vitroceramic stove tops are much more simple to clean. Unlike gas stove tops, there’s no messing around lifting parts or tricky gas nozzles to get at trapped food. Instead there’s just a simple, flat plane.
- Work gently at it using a little vitroceramic cleaner (e.g. Cif Cream) and a clean, damp cloth. However, be careful not to scrub too hard.
- If there’s an especially stubborn stain, leave a hot, damp cloth over it for a few minutes until it’s easier to lift off.
- Don’t use kitchen scrapers – these might scratch the stove surface! Always remember to read the instruction label of any cleaning product you use.
Cleaning a Glass Stove Top: Extras
- If you wish, use a cloth to polish the surface of your new clean stove to a shine.
- Protect the quality of your glass stove top by cleaning regularly, so that there’s absolutely no need to risk damage by scrubbing.
- Choose the right cleaning agent for your stove stop.
- Be gentle on glass tops. You can be a little tougher on gas ones.
- Regularly clean stove tops to avoid a build up of grime.
Frequently asked questions on cleaning stove tops
Can you use glass pots on a gas stove?
While some glass pots can be use on a gas stove, not all will be safe to use this way. Always check the instructions for your glass pot as these will give you a good indication of whether or not it is safe. If you do not have the instructions, you should avoid using it on the stove top. It’s better to be safe than sorry!
How to clean an electric stove top on glass?
The steps for how to clean electric stove top are simple as long as you remember one really important step – always wipe down after every use to make the cleaning process easier in the long run. For a deeper clean, did you know you can use everyday kitchen staples? A paste of baking soda and water applied with a clean microfiber cloth works wonders. Always allow your stovetop to cool before cleaning and remove coils and drip pans if your oven has these, replacing them after cleaning.
How do you clean tempered glass stove tops?
The steps for how to clean a tempered glass stove tops are simple once you know how. If you wish, you can simply use a microfibre cloth and glass cleaner. If you prefer a home remedy, spray the surface with vinegar, then sprinkle baking soda over the top. Dip a clean towel in hot water, wring out any excess liquid and place it over the stovetop. Leave this to sit for 15 minutes before wiping it clean.
How can you fix scratches on a gas stove top?
If you wish to learn how to fix scratches on a gas stove top, we’ve got you covered. For a metal stovetop, use mineral or olive oil on a soft cloth, rubbing in the direction of the grain. For a glass stovetop use a wet baking soda paste on a soft cloth and buff in circular motions.
Is it safe to use a glass top gas stove?
A glass top gas stove is safe to use as they use a specialised toughened glass to make them. Toughened glass is actually 5 times stronger than ordinary glass, due to the process of extreme heating and rapid cooling.